Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Patience!

To paraphrase Mark Antony, I come to praise Donovan, not to bury him.
I want to make a stand for Donovan. Sure he was really bad in the past two games, but the rest of the team didn’t help. Yes, he’s the leader of the team, but a leader requires followers and he sure didn’t have much of that.
I saw a ray of hope in the last three minutes of the game which leads me to believe that he’ll get better.
Maybe Andy Reid should have played him more in preseason, getting rid of that rust before the regular season came along.
I say, give him time. Think back, how long has it been since the Eagles started strong in the beginning of the season. They have always been a second-half team. Let’s just hope their good second half is the last 30 minutes of the game, not the last eight games of the season.I
think he’s still a great player. But then again, I’ve always been known for my optimism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home