Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The race is on

I watched the Daytona 500 on Sunday. It brought to mind some thoughts on driving in Chester County
1 -- No matter how fast you go, there always seems to be another driver who wants to go faster. Did you know that when they were constructing the Rt. 30 bypass, a car was clocked at 120 going through the cattle shoots?
2 -- People seem to be more courteous in the morning than in the evening commute. I guess no one is very eager to get to work, so it’s “Sure, you can get in front of me.” It’s very different in the evening though. Everyone is anxious to get home. No “please” and “thank you” then.
3 -- I didn’t know it, but turn signals are optional on some cars!
4 -- Multi-tasking is an art form practiced frequently by drivers. I know one who can eat a sandwich with one hand and drink coffee with the other, all the while driving with knees.
5 -- Just like in in NASCAR, drafting is very popular. I’ve been driving at 60 mph and had cars following so closely, I couldn’t see their headlights.
6 -- People are very trusting of their brakes. When pulling up to a stop sign or a traffic light, they are only applied at the last minute.
7 -- The yellow traffic light, which I believe used to mean slow down, a red light is coming up, has become HURRY, a red light is coming up. And red now means, if your close go through because there is a delay on the green.
What have you observed? More later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the ones that are poking along until you pass them, all of a sudden they punch on the gas and roar back around you,,, and yep, you guessed it slow right back down again. sheeesh!

March 3, 2008 at 10:14 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home