Thursday, October 16, 2008

Catching the Phever

Everyone seems to have Phillies Phever. I’m one of them. But I’ve had the fever for most of my life.
It started back in the mid 1960s when my friend Linda’s father had tickets for the games. I’m not sure he had season tickets, but I know we went to a lot of games at Connie Mack Stadium. He had great seats, as I recall they were in right field, only about 10 rows back.
The three of us would bring our baseball mitts. One of my most vivid memories is of the day her father, with crutches and a cast on his leg, stood up and caught a foul ball hit by Johnny Callison. He of course gave it to Linda, who was in love with Callison (who coincidentally played right field). I, being a bit more of the wild child, was enamored with lefty Bo Belinsky.
So who are the teenage girls dreaming about now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home